Webinar on “Sharks species’ threats and status. The impact of fishing and finning; conservation legislation and initiatives.”
Mario Passoni, Scientific Officer of Friend at the Sea
Glenn Mesias, Port operations manager at Frabelle
Download presentation here
Friend of the Sea would like to invite you to the upcoming free of charge webinar on “Sharks species’ threats and status. The impact of fishing and finning; conservation legislation and initiatives.”
This webinar can be of interest to:
– fishing companies
– seafood producers and traders
– retail and wholesale chains
– government officials
– companies’ sustainability and environmental managers
– media professionals, journalists
– environmental conservation groups, NGOs
– bloggers, influencers and many more
During this half an hour session, Mr Glenn Mesias (Port operations Manager in PNG) and Mr Mario Passoni (Scientific Officer at Friend of the Sea) will cover the following subjects:
– Sharks biology and species .
– Status and threats.
– The global market for sharks, fins and other parts.
– Sharks bycatch in fisheries and ghost fishing nets.
– International conservation legislation.
– Conservation initiatives and development of shark watching tourism.
– Case Study: Frabelle.
Sign up to the webinar here
if this link doesn’t work try attend.zoho.com/n20r
Maximum 200 participants
This webinar will take place on 29th of October 2020 at 10:30 am in Milan, CET
Participation is free of charge.
Friend of the Sea certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
If you cannot attend the live session, sign up anyway and we will send you a recording.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to the speakers during the webinar.