In order to minimise administration costs, Friend of the Sea has a lean structure, comprising:
1) The Board of Directors including:
– a President: Dr. Franco Bray, a leading Food Technologies consultant;
– a Director: Dr. Paolo Bray, Franco Bray’s son, Director of International Programs – Dolphin-Safe project / Earth Island Institute;
2) The Advisory Board, composed of at least 4 members from around the world, who are mainly involved in environmental NGOs or seafood industries. The members are approached and selected by the Board of Directors to serve a 2 year-term and may stand for reappointment. Current composition:
4) The Friend of the Sea Technical Committee – an independent technical body with a key role in the development and revision of the Standards. The TC is composed of 14 to 21 members from different fields of activities (Seafood, Distribution/Retail, Government, Certification Bodies, NGOs, Education and Media) and geographical regions. The members are elected by the Advisory Board through CV analysis (spontaneously received or upon request) to serve a 3-year term and may stand for reappointment.