In order to minimise administration costs, Friend of the Sea has a lean structure, comprising:
1) The Board of Directors including
. a President: Dr. Franco Bray, a leading Food Technologies consultant;
. a Director: Paolo Bray, Franco’s son, International Director of the Earth Island Institute Dolphin-Safe project;
2) The Advisory Board, composed of at least 4 volunteer members with from around the world, who are mainly involved in environmental NGOs. The members are approached and selected by the Board of Directors to serve a 2 year-term and may stand for reappointment. Current composition:
. Amod Salgaonkar (India, Seafood Trade)
. Litzie Makhotine (France, Seafood Industry)
. Mariasole Bianco (Italy, NGO – Worldrise)
. Trixie Concepcion (Philippines, NGO – Earth Island Institute)
3) A team of 11 dedicated professionals to carry out Admin, Marketing, Outreach and Scientific tasks.
4) The FOS Technical Committee – an independent technical body with a key role in the development and revision of the Standards.
5) Composed of 14 to 21 members from different field of activities (Seafood, Distribution/Retail, Government, Certification Bodies, NGOs, Education and Media) and geographical region. The members are elected by the Advisory Board through CV analysis (received spontaneously or upon request) to serve a 3 year-term and may stand for reappointment.