Friend of the Sea would like to invite you to the upcoming free of charge webinar on “Turtle Excluder Devices and Turtle Safe certification. Medina Rosso di Mazara Giant red Shrimp fleet case study”
This webinar can be of interest to:
– fishing companies, restaurants
– seafood producers and traders
– retail and wholesale chains
– government officials
– companies’ sustainability and environmental managers
– media professionals, journalists
– environmental conservation groups, NGOs
– bloggers, influencers and many more
During this half an hour session, Mr Nicola Giacalone (Owner at Medina Rosso di Mazara) and Dr Paolo Bray ( Founder and Director at Friend of the Sea – Friend of the Earth) will cover the following subjects:
– Sea Turtles species and status
– Major threats to marine turtles populations – fishing impacts
– History of Turtle Excluder Devices – legislation and countries implementation – Turtle Safe initiatives and certification
– Case Study: Medina Rosso di Mazara Giant red Shrimp fleet.
Sign up to the webinar here
Maximum 200 participants
This webinar will take place on 17th of March 2021 at 3:00 pm in Milan, CET
Participation is free of charge.
Friend of the Sea certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
If you cannot attend the live session, sign up anyway and we will send you a recording.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to the speakers during the webinar.